I am a creative strategist at The Atlantic as well as a journalist and photographer with an interest in revealing the ways people approach their crafts. I'm also the owner of Hand & Eye Media.
I contributed to The Kaufmann Mercantile Guide: How to Split Wood, Shuck an Oyster and Master Other Simple Pleasures, and I work with brands and startups to help tell stories and develop great content.
More of my images and posts can be seen on The Hand & Eye, a site that features makers and creative entrepreneurs of all kinds.
- The New York Times: Two Ironmen, a Garage and a Vegan Agenda
- Quartz: Less is better: “Helvetica” documentarian aims to give industrial designer Dieter Rams his due
- Quartz: Meet the man salvaging the best of Manhattan’s architectural treasures
- Inc. Magazine: How to Find a Fulfillment Partner
- Newsweek: Second Time Around For American-Made Watches
- Village Voice: Steve Earle and the Dukes Bring the Blues to Hendrix's Electric Lady Studios
- The Manual: The Volvo Ocean Race - The Race You Need to Know About
- The Manual: Bringing Back a Lost Cider Making Tradition
- Inc. Magazine: The Top Design Trends of 2014
- Inc. Magazine: 4 Steps to Scale Your Artisanal Business
- Inc. Magazine: To Etsy, or Not to Etsy?
- Boston Magazine: Chronicling the Life of Teradyne’s Nick DeWolf as a Photographer
- A Continuous Lean: The Secret of that Capitol Studios Sound
- A Continuous Lean: The Lowcountry Oyster Roast
- Hodinkee: Historic New England Maker Chelsea Clock Charts A Course For The Next 100 Years
- Hodinkee: A look at Throne Watches
- Quartz: Cool watches, real jobs: How makers are reshoring American know-how
- Reuters: Q&A with Joel Jackson, founder of Mobius Motors
- Reuters: Looking at the new crowdfunders and the JOBS Act
- Reuters: The bazaar, the oldest newest idea for small businesses
- Reuters: Q&A with Randy Goldberg, co-founder of Bombas Socks
- Reuters: Q&A with Bully Boy Distillery Founder Dave Willis
Ball and Buck
Red Wing Amsterdam
Space Exploration Design
Wool & Prince